HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (replace old unit HLTAID003 Provide first aid) is a unit that provides the skills and knowledge for students to perform a first aid response to casualties. This is an essential basic medical training applicable to all kinds of workplaces and workers, to prepare against certain unforeseen medical circumstances.
This unit entails a range of activities such as identifying and assessing a medical emergency, followed by responding calmly and managing the situation. It also teaches students the legal responsibilities of a first aider. Knowledge of first aid increases the sense of safety and well-being in students as well as potentially reduces the risk of irresponsible behaviour and common avoidable incidents.
The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate, and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations in community and workplace settings.
Jessie’s coffee school (RTO:45527)
Address:511/11-15 Deane street,Burwood NSW 2134
Course Code (one day includes):
HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- This course requires a level of physical ability to complete practical assessments. If the participant’s health or fitness restricts him or her from performing physical activities associated with this program, they will be able to participate but may not be eligible for a nationally accredited certificate.
- Online Pre-course Learning is part of the course assessment. Statement of attainment won’t be issued if a participant doesn’t complete the online pre-course learning.
LLN (Language, Literacy & Numeracy)
- This course combines plain English, photos, and questioning to ensure all learners are able to have the best possible chance at comprehending the required knowledge and skills. language, literacy and numeracy that are essential to performance.
- LLN ((language, literacy and numeracy) skills will be assessed prior to entry to the course.
- If participants need assistance due to the language, literacy or numeracy skills, please contact us to discuss the training needs.
Assessment will confirm knowledge and skills have been achieved to demonstrate competency across the unit. Assessment will be in accordance with the Principles of Assessment and the Rules of Evidence.
Participant are offered multiple opportunities to demonstrate knowledge and skills throughout the course. If a student is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the course at the full course fee.
Volume of learning:
- 4 hours of unsupervised pre-course work prior to attending.
- 5.5 hours classroom assessment in form of:
- written theory questions
- case study scenarios
- practical skills demonstration
On successful complete this course, participant will be issued a Statement of Attainment in
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, valid for one year
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support, valid for three years
HLTAID011 Provide first aid, valid for three years
We are unable to refund monies for students who do not turn up for classes or decide later after booking that they do not want to attend. Changes to class times are allowed, but not within 48 hours of the class commencing.