Provide First Aid Course in Child care Setting HLTAID012 (prev. HLTAID004) is a nationally accredited course. We will provide all participants with a qualification to be a First Aid responder in a Childcare centre or school. Our Childcare First Aid courses are hands-on with many practical and real-life scenarios.
HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting is relevant to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting.
You will learn the knowledge and skills required to respond to First Aid emergencies, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
The course is trained in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and may contribute towards approved First Aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training requirements defined by Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
The Child Care First Aid course presents the following key skills and knowledge:
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for First Aid response
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with the guidelines established by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC)
- Provide First Aid in accordance with established First Aid principles
- Ensure casualty feels safe, secure and supported
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate First Aid equipment according to manufacturers’ instructions
- Monitor the condition of the casualty and respond in accordance with First Aid principles
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form
- Report details of incidents involving infants and children to parents or caregivers
- Follow appropriate workplace or site procedures to report serious incidents to the regulatory authority
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
- Contribute to a review of the First Aid response as required
First Aid Certificate Issued
You will receive a PDF Statement of Attainment in HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting emailed to you between 3 working days after you successfully complete your training and assessment.
Current industry standards recommend renewing this certification every 3 years, with the CPR component being updated every 12 months. This is simply a matter of doing a refresher course with a Registered Training Organisation.
Australia Wide First Aid is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO.44527).
Who Can Attend?
This course is for students with existing first aid experience or for those who are new to first aid and comfortable learning in a blended delivery setting.
Factors to Consider
The course assessment requires students to demonstrate their ability to correctly perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor.
If you have a limitation that would affect your ability to complete the course, please call us to discuss prior to booking.
Located in the heart of Burwood , we are 2 minutes from Burwood station.
Jessie’s coffee school
Address: Suite511,11-15 Deane Street, Burwood NSW 2134
All students doing nationally recognised training need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
What is a USI?
The USI is a reference number made up of 10 numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your qualifications gained in Australia.
– it gives you access to your training records achieve through any provider of education across Australia.
– transcripts can be accessed online any time and anywhere
- it is free and easy to use and remains your identifier for your lifetime of Australian education.
Where do I go to create my USI Number?
For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here. https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
We are unable to refund monies for students who do not turn up for classes or decide at a later date after booking that they do not want to attend.Changes to class times are allowed.but not within 48 hours of the class commencing.
If you have recently arrived in Australia, please wait until 14 days after your arrival to book your training session. Jessie’s training group will not permit entry to any participant who has been in Australia for less than 14 days.
If you are feeling unwell or have cold/flu like symptoms, please wait until these symptoms have passed before booking into your session. In the interest of protecting the health and safety of other participants, Jessie’s Training group may not permit entry into our classrooms if you are presenting cold/flu symptoms.
Jessie’s Training Group is not registered with CRICOS, as such we are unable to conduct training and assessment for those with study restrictions on their visa. This includes but is not limited to the International Student Visa (subclass 500), you can check the entitlements of your visa here.
Course Fee：$119 (EXL GST)